Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pranic pregnancy delights




Our collective journey has truly been one of following intuition. On all of our behalves. This includes baby, myself and daddy Dave. Here are some sources of help and inspiration that have guided us along the way:

For essentials
  • Diapers.com - we are registered here for some awesome bargains; includes free shipping on all orders
    • ErgoBaby, Twilight Turtle, BumGenius, Red Cross First Aid Kit, discounts on Burt's Bees,  list goes on!
  • La Leche League - international website; check out your local chapter for this amazing support network
  • LuluDew - we are using this local cloth diapering service
  • Shutterfly - to create your own family photo-sharing site and for fantastic deals on baby announcements, etc.
  • WIC - even with our household income, we qualified; great nutrition education and support program funded by the government for women and children up to age 5
For relaxation
  • Aromatherapy - stock up on soy candles and essential oils
  • Birth Hypnosis - we try to make daily use of our dvd/mp3 HypBirth program...very much in-tune with our lifestyle and will be a joyous relief to utilize during labor and delivery
  • Hydrotherapy - perfect for easing fatigue and those pregnancy aches. Simply run a normal shower, then towards the end, alternate 3 times each between hot and cold for 30 seconds each
  • iTunes - having a rotating playlist of mellow music and relevant podcasts has been amazing for me. I am able to relax at home on the couch, floor or bed and simply listen, do my chores while listening, take with me on walks while I listen and even work through contractions while listening. Another great tip I received from a family friend is to place earbuds on my belly so that baby might hear!
  • Massage - countless benefits come from this form of touch therapy. Truly a restorative gift to indulge in during and after pregnancy! We conceived while I was enrolled in deep tissue class, then endured morning sickness throughout my shiatsu class. I somehow was able to work at massage therapy and bodywork well through the remainder of my pregnancy. And I have only positive feedback to share...
  • Yoga - in the first (post-morning sickness stage) and second trimesters, I felt energized enough and comfortable to continue attending yoga class. However, later on in the second and then third trimester, I felt my energy wiped out and wanted to save money too. So I turned to our Netflix queue! It was actually my partner's suggestion, which I now think is brilliant because I enjoy staying close to home these days leading up to birth. And it truly is saving us much dinero!!
For cravings
For more info.
  • research studies from the Mayo Clinic
  • Born to Live: A Holistic Approach to Childbirth
  • The Nursing Mother's Companion
  • The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
  • Yoga for Pregnancy and Birth

Currently listening to: The White Stripes

No comments:

Post a Comment